Sunday, March 31, 2013

Wewriwa 03/31/2013

Happy Easter, everyone. It's that time again. Welcome to this week's Sunday Snippet, 8 more sentences from my Novel-in-progress, Eternity's Price. Before I post my snippet, I am going to be borrowing an idea from another fellow Wewriwa-er. I like to listen to music to set the mood for whatever I'm writing. It's extremely helpful. Well, a few weeks ago, Karen Y. Bynum started doing something I thought was cool and adding a link to a video for one of the songs on the playlist she used to write her book, and it gave me an idea. I was supposed to start this last week, but forgot to. Whenever I post a snippet from a scene that I used a particular song to get me in the right mood I'll post a link to a video of that song. Actually, this week's snippet didn't have a song, so I'm going to correct my mistake and post the song that went with last week's snippet.




Last week, Elijah went to the morgue to say goodbye to Esther, and Jane told him that she had been killed by a vampire. This week we're "meeting" two new characters - and getting our first glimpse at the fact that there is more going on here than any of them know.


"Let's just say that they need a little nudge; Anastasia is that nudge. Besides... I created a monster. It was necessary at the time. Now it is a loose end that needs to be tied up."
"Are we really doing the right thing, here? How many more people are going to die over this?"
"Far fewer than will if we don't finish this. You know what's at stake, here."

Hmm... Who are these people, and just what are they up to? One of them will be back in a couple weeks. Next week, we'll be back in Catie's viewpoint as she finds out what happened. In the meantime, don't forget to check out the other great writers over at www.wewriwa.com

Come back Monday for my Positive Thinking Mondays quote.

5 comments:

  1. I do love a good vampire novel. Very suspensful and mysterious for me as I havent read any of the previous posts. Liked it very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, interesting dialog going on in this snippet, really makes me wonder what will happen next. Excellent excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I'm a sucker for intriguing, well done dialogue. Great snippet! Tying up monster loose ends definitely leaves me wondering HOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A monster for a loose end is kinda major.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the shout out! Not sure how I missed this last week! Breaking Benjamin rocks! Love this line: Besides... I created a monster. It was necessary at the time.

    Great snippet! :D

    ReplyDelete