Monday, March 11, 2013

Self-acceptance - Positive Thinking Monday

Welcome to Positive Thinking Monday. For these I'm just randomly opening my Positive Quotations book to a random page and choosing a quote from that page. Today's quote is on self-acceptance - which I admit  is something I need to work on, myself.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." -- Eleanor Roosevelt

That's a rather interesting sentiment. And so very hard to remember. The truth is that nobody can make you feel ANYTHING. Only you can really control how you feel. Of course, controlling it, not letting yourself feel inferior, can be much easier said than done. It can be far too easy to believe whatever mean things are said about us, sometimes. And yet... how often do we believe the GOOD things that are said about us? Why do most of us find it easier to believe the bad things about ourselves, than the good? I admit to being very guilty of this. Trying to get past that has been a long, hard climb. I think that maybe I opened the book to that page as a reminder to myself that I need to learn to not let what everyone else thinks of me get to me so much. So, that is my challenge for this week. A challenge that I encourage all of you to also challenge yourselves to. For this week, I am not going to let anything my mother or anyone else says get me down. I am going to darn well MAKE myself believe that I am a worthy person, that the world would NOT be better off without me in it.

Come back on Wednesday where with a little luck I'll show you the little art project I've been working on. Totally unrelated to the topic of this blog, but I'm quite proud of what I've done so far, so...






No comments:

Post a Comment