Sunday, April 28, 2013

Wewriwa 4/29/2013

Sigh... I promise to do a better job of staying on schedule from now on. I may actually try to get some posts done in advance. Anyway, I also just noticed that I forgot to actually sign up for wewriwa the last two weeks (just as well last week since I also forgot to POST). As usual, I'm posting a snippet from my paranormal romance in progress, Eternity's Price. Here's a link to the last one I posted, since I never linked to it to begin with: http://www.junewriteathon.blogspot.com/2013/04/wewriwa-041413.html

My original plan was to have part of their conversation from the next scene, but I can't find any dialogue that's only 8 sentences that even comes close to standing on it's own. So, Catie is worried about Eli, because she thinks he may be suicidal. They talked and he told her that he is going to England to deal with Anastasia, his Sire - and they both know that this is going to be a fight to the death. So, now she's even more worried about him. This snippet comes right after he sends her a text telling her that the plane is about to take off and he'll contact her as soon as he's home, again.

She stared at the phone for a minute before curling back into a ball. After the first few bloody tears she stopped trying to wipe them away. She knew that if anyone saw her she would look like something out of a horror movie, but she didn't care. Esther was Eli's Sabrina. He said that he would be back, but would he really? So, for the second time in her life, there was nothing she could do but wait. And pray that this time the one she was waiting for would come home alive.

Hmm...  I don't know if Sabrina was mentioned in any of my other snippets. But poor Catie is a MESS. Though that ends up being a good thing in the end. ;) Next week we'll see part of what happens in England. In the meantime, don't forget to check out all the other great writers over at www.wewriwa.com.

And finally, some music from my playlist. Not sure why this song is paired with this scene - but my muse liked it, and I don't argue with her about the things that inspire her.




10 comments:

  1. You have created an interesting scene - I can picture her misery so clearly. I have so many questions in my mind about the one who didn't return alive as well as what could be happening that she would be so worried. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yeah, Sabrina is part of the backstory. She may tell the story to someone at some point, but I haven't gotten that far yet. And as for why she's so worried, that gets explained a bit in the lead-in to May 5th's snippet.

      Delete
  2. Wow, waiting is THE hardest thing to do. I feel for her! Terrific snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely done conversation. Lots of tension for the MC and worry for the reader...and the dreaded "waiting"--hardest thing of all to do. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And yeah, waiting is so hard for her.

      Delete
  4. Great lines! And I know what you mean about keeping your muse happy. Mine likes a particular candle burning while I write. He doesn't seem to care that it gives me a headache. ;) -RB Austin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. LOL My muse doesn't care where I write, or what is going on around me - she just likes music, and occasionally will insist on listening to a particular song that may or may not seem to have anything to do with the scene at hand.

      Delete
  5. This is so beautiful... The image of her crying blood is so evocative, and the scene is heart wrenching. Thanks for sharing :)

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm kind of liking the idea that vampires cry tears of blood. Glad you liked it.

      Delete