Tuesday, June 3, 2014

90 Day Writing Challenge - Week 10

I have officially given up on trying to figure out where I am in terms of my actual schedule for this writing challenge. Having to write in the media center is seriously throwing me even more off than I usually am. As for how far along I am on my goals... not nearly where I should be. I'm going to try for a huge push this month and hopefully still pull off finishing my first draft by the end of the month. Wish me luck.

This week's challenge question is about how I avoid burn-out. And I think that part of my problem with my entire project is that I don't have an answer for that. I think I AM burning out, and that's at least part of my problem. So, since I don't know how to avoid something that is already happening, I'll change the question a bit and explain what I intend to do about it, now.

Step one is to make myself a schedule. And start forcing myself to stick to it. So, for the rest of the month at least, my schedule will be as follows: Wake up, do my Pilates if it's a Pilates day, eat breakfast while I let myself surf the internet. Then spend an hour or two organizing my notes for that day's planned writing. Head down to the fitness and media centers for my half hour on the exercise bike and doing the things online that I can't do on this computer. And then spend the rest of the day writing. I'd like to try to write at least 2k a day, including making up for the days I've already missed, which will bring my total for June to about 60k. I think that may actually finish this thing. I HOPE that will actually finish this thing... Ideally, I'd actually like to try for 3k a day most days. That should take the uncertainty of if it will be enough out of the equation...

Yes, this ended up being another short post. It happens when I really have no answer for the prompt.

Also, I may be moving my blog, soon. It seems that there is absolutely no way to set this one up so that I'm posting under my pen name, while still having notifications about comments sent to an email address I actually check. So, for now, ignore the name this post is being posted under, and I'll keep you updated on moving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment