Wednesday, January 29, 2014

My computer is possessed

Have you ever looked at your computer and wondered what in the world it was doing, because whatever it was doing was not what you told it to do? I am coming to the conclusion that this thing really does have a mind of it's own.

In the past few weeks my computer has:

  • Changed the home page - in both of my browsers.
  • Changed the default search engine in both of my browsers.
  • Downloaded and installed some kind of PC back-up program that gave me a pop-up every few minutes to tell me that my computer was not backed up.
  • Had the mouse buttons on the touchpad stop working, which left me spending an entire day trying to figure out how to get the computer to work without it. Mind you, the touchpad itself still works, just the buttons don't.
I've fixed everything except the stupid mouse buttons. I think those might be broken permanently. I just have no idea how any of it happened. The program install I'll concede might have been added in with something I actually TRIED to download. Especially since that started right after I did download something. But I have no idea what could have caused the other issues. What in the world can make a computer change home pages and search engines, on two different browsers all by itself with no input from the user? And I'm the only one that ever uses this thing, so I can't even blame it on someone else.

What about you? Have you ever had your computer decide to do things all its own?

Check back on Friday to meet Anastasia, Eli's Sire.

No comments:

Post a Comment